Monday, February 7, 2011

Machine Quilting

Well, Saturday I went for my first machine quilting class, and it was great fun. We started from square one, a discussion on stitches - how to start and stop, stitch length, needles and thread, and process (there actually IS one). It was especially helpful, in that we were able to determine the current settings for OUR machine. Then we got to work practicing quilting with our walking foot, learning some tips along the way. Even though I have done some machine quilting the last couple of years, it was good to hear the basics.

The last portion of the class was about my nemesis - free-motion quilting. THIS is why I took this class, and what I seriously want to master! Believe me, it wasn't pretty. Darlene insists all it takes is practice, practice, practice, so that's what I'm going to do. There is homework for our next session, part of which is this practice, so we'll see where I am in two week.

No comments:

Post a Comment