Thursday, September 1, 2011

Celebrate Color

When I think of ‘fall’ or ‘autumn’, I first think of the leaves. I absolutely love watching the leaves turn colors in the fall. I think of fall foods – chili, home-made soup, and hot apple cider. I think of the wet and windy weather. And of course, I think about the colors themselves – all the shades of green and brown, gold and bright red.

Celebrate Color is an event that honors the many colors of fall while bringing together all kinds of fiber artists. Details can be found at Stitched in Color {here}, and it all begins today!

In anticipation, I’ve made an inspiration mosaic to spark your interest!
5. DSCN0645, 6. Autumn Birds In The Air, 7. Autumn Quilt
8. Greg & Jackie's quilt, 9. Autumn Colors Quilt, 10. My Guy
11. Autumn Sampler Quilt, 12. "Kicking Up The Leaves"

There will be tutorials, contests, and linky parties(!), and of course, some fantastic fall creations. Check it all out, and then come join the fun as we celebrate the colors of fall!
Celebrate Color

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your mosaic! I just might (definitely) steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mosaic, that is a good idea to get you inspired! Love it Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely mosaic! it really gets you in the mood for some autumnal quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until this post I've never thought of making a fall color quilt but now I'm going to head on over to Stitched in Color to check it out. Now I want some homemade soup to help make my cold go away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mosaic! I'd forgotten about fall food until you mentioned it but now I'm craving apple crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Mosaic! I am ready for fall, cool weather and changing leaves - got me thinking about a fall theme quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mosaic! Good choices. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Fall inspirations are all lovely! I'm joining in Celebrate Color, too!!! It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, CHILI! I make chili at least once in the summer because I miss it so. And then we all agree while we eat it that you simply cannot do chili in 100 degree weather. Can't wait for chili and apple cider too!

    ReplyDelete