Monday, October 15, 2012

Day Four

So really, Sewing Summit ended Saturday night. But traveling home yesterday had some really cool moments, so I figured I'd share them with you to finish off my little narrative about my Sewing Summit adventure.

First off, all my swag fit into my bags! Was just a tad concerned there for a bit. But my suitcase weighed in at just 38# - no need to worry.

THEN, lo and behold who would daughter dear and I meet up with at the airport, but Amber of One Shabby Chick and Megan of Lucy & Norman, whoooo just happened to have Weekender Bags hanging from their shoulders! You may remember that it was Amber's that I saw that convinced me to buy the pattern and give this bad boy bag a try! So I was as pleased as could be to meet up with her and Megan. We couldn't resist getting a pic together with our bags. And to be perfectly honest, ANY Weekender sighting at Sewing Summit got a shout-out. It would have been so cool to get a photo of all of them together!

In between visiting with Amber and Megan, we stopped in at Cafe Rio, which thankfully has a location at the airport. I had heard so much about a certain dish that I convinced Rachel we just had to try it while we had the chance. I'll share more about that on Tuesday.

Anyway, I know there will be more to share once I download the rest of my pictures and unpack all the swag, but meanwhile, hope my little reports have given you a good glimpse of what Sewing Summit is all about!

12 comments:

  1. I love that photo with the weekender bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Leanne's comment - great Weekender Bag photo! So glad you had a wonderful time. Sounds like they did a wonderful job of bringing all kinds of different online/blogging/sewing/quilting related speakers/classes to SS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of all the weekender bags! I'm so glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo with the bags is too cute.....sounds like a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those bags are bigger than they look when modeled with someone! What a fun looking day =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous trip - love the pic of all of you with your bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading these backwards, but I'm impressed with your ability to keep caught up on the posts! I had trouble with that last year! And good for you with the packing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats too funny that you all had your weekender bags! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both those ladies blogs. You are so lucky to have met them ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. weekender triplets!!! that is so fun! i would love to have met you three!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am crazy impressed that you managed to blog DURING summit! It was all I could do to keep up with the activity! So wonderful meeting you and Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was SO fun to meet up with you both and have a chance to chat!! And I love that we got a photo! Wishing I had stopped at Cafe Rio now for some mint limeade!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete