Sunday, October 7, 2012

Prep Party


Allegory over at {sew} Allegorical, started a new event a couple of months ago, which I think is brilliant! It's a Prep Party on the first Sunday of each month. Ie. the idea is to prep for projects you plan to work in the coming month. I can't really see past this next week yet, so I just basically prepped for Sewing Summit.

Name tag + patchwork lanyard - I still need to finish the embroidery before I stitch this all up.

Frame Purse - This is the only hands-on class I was able to get into, but I'm excited about it for a couple of reasons. One because this will be my first glue-in frame purse, and secondly, due to the size of the frame - 8" x 3" - quite a big larger from the only other (sew-in) frame purse I've made. And now I've gathered all the supplies I need.

Hand-Sewing Project - I got the stitching lines marked on a piece of natural Kona Crush. This will be embroidered for a cute little Trick or Treat Tote by The Sometimes Crafter.

That's it for now. After Sewing Summit, I really need to get to work on quilts!

Linking up with the October Prep Party.

5 comments:

  1. Fun!! I'm not much of a planner-aheader, though this seems like a good idea. :) I don't even know exactly when sewing summit it. Next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll have a good time at SS! I was just window shopping for purse frames. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all organized, I should try to remember this for next month. You are going to have a great time at Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stitchery. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete