Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fresh Sewing Day

November was pretty much out of my control. I hate to even look back and see if this was the first month this year that I didn't have a quilt finish (kind of an unspoken goal of mine). But on the other hand, I'm relieved to be caught up with City Sampler and bee blocks, managed a couple of littles that had been on my list for a while, and also am settled into a new studio space in our home. So even though December will be a beyond-hectic month both at work and home, I'm eager to move into it.


In spite of everything else going on, my first two magazine features were highlights. Yes, they were only photos, but still. Made.my.days.
Quilt-it...today Jan/Feb 2014

"Common Affection" in American Quilter Magazine, January 2014 issue

So good bye to you November, a month that held frustration, delays, and disorganization. In the end you presented new starts, a kind of freshness, and the fullness of family. Life is good.

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

19 comments:

  1. Just making that pretty brown spotted bag would have been enough of an accomplishment for me! And seeing my work in magazines is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blocks and congratulations on the features :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great month! Hope December is a bit calmer on the disorganisation front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive as usual Debbie. Enjoy that new space

    ReplyDelete
  5. with all that you had going on, I'd say you were very productive! Lovely finishes as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on two awesome features!! Your blocks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an honor to have been featured and share your amazing work with the world. Congrats, the attention is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful makes, Debbie. And congrats on the features, how totally wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did pretty well. I'm always impressed how much you manage to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a lovely month, so many beautiful blocks and projects. Congratulations again for the magazine features, they are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great month for you - I have decided that December is to be my "catch-up" month for be blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got my City Sampler Book in the mail a few days ago! In spite of my wanting to be totally selfish and dive right in, I haven't had more than a spare moment or two to drool over a few of the pages. Oh the agony! Soon I will be playing along with everyone on the City Sampler blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the magazines, Debbie! Wishing you more sewing/quilty goodness in December!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No quilt finishes, but lots of others....a good month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your city sampler blocks look awesome, and I love that poladot bag!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Projects. let´s see what December brings :)

    Love the BAG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well considering how much you actually had going on this month, I think your progress is really impressive! But I always do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You has a very productive month in spite of the construction and other interferences.

    ReplyDelete