Monday, January 18, 2016

Quilt Math

So a week or so ago, I posted the back for my latest quilt and was asked if I figured out the math myself. Yes, and I guess I usually do. At any rate, that led to a few commenters asking for help with quilt math. I knew several of my quilting friends had already written really fine posts on the topic, so rather than start from scratch, I rounded some up. There's lots of good info here, so hopefully you'll find something that can be helpful!

  • And yes, another post on HSTs is my own tutorial for Big Batch HSTs if you're needing to make alot with the same two fabrics.
So there you go! Did you find a new technique or some tidbit to take with you back to the sewing room? I hope so!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, it is nice to have links to all of these different resources together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for rounding all these up in one place. Very handy reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie! Great info. Just this morning I needed the recipe for making 8 hst from 2 two squares! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these great links! I'm thinking I may stretch myself and try to design (cough, cough) a medallion quilt. I feel sure this collection of information will be quite useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great idea to have these in one place - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link, this looks like a great overall resource :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, so helpful to have all of these quilt math posts in one place, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for compiling this! I am saving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great overview. Thank you for collecting those resources and then thank you for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great references, all in one place, thank you!

    ReplyDelete