Monday, April 18, 2016

Triangles, Repeating Patterns, and the Color Blue

Marci had a multi-faceted prompt for her Bee Sewcial blocks this month in regards to shape, pattern, and color, which was alot to think about. I really wanted to make improv triangles, though it was clear that this wasn't the time to go crazy. There needed to be some order to pull off the repetition.

One of the little extras in Marci's prompt was asking us to include dark navy or black in each block. Also, we were given the option to include other fabrics than plain solids, which made me happy since I found a blue/black shot cotton in my stash, and it made a perfect backdrop in block one.


I think I still had strings on my mind from last month when creating triangles for block two. The secondary goal for this block was to make it entirely from triangles, some plain, and some pieced, and that actually worked pretty well.


Both blocks are 12 1/2" unfinished. Do glance at both #beesewcial and #inspiredbybeesewcial for some really awesome blocks this month!

6 comments:

  1. I love these blocks ! They are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both blocks, but that first one really speaks to me! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cool! your bee is incredibly creative with the prompts every month

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, and that second one is really calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous blocks! I'm not sure how you all think of things to make from the prompts, but it never fails you do! And do them well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the first one, a quilt made from blocks of a similar style but all different would be amazing

    ReplyDelete